Sunday, October 3, 2010

Right & Left Brain Thinking

This is not the first time right and left brain thinking has been brought up to me this semester. I am also taking a stress management class and we are learning about this right now as well. I have learned that at a certain age most people use more left brain logical thinking than they do right brain simply because of our lifestyles and having to adapt. However, it is important to not forget about right brain thinking because it is as beneficial as left brain thinking but in completely different ways. Left brain is more logic and right brain is more creative. Personally because I am in school and have a job as an office assistant at a chiropractors office I tend to use more left brain thinking in order to stay focused as well as on task. However when is comes to the weekends when I'm not doing homework I feel as though my brain switches over to right thinking a lot more. I find that being in a right brain mindset is more peaceful, relaxing, and creative. I love to take pictures, listen to music, draw, and write in my journal. Recently I have been trying to have more of a balance between my time right and left brain thinking and I have found that I am making progress and not letting my mind automatically slip into left brain thinking. Instead a take a deep breath for get all my worries and float over to my right.

No comments:

Post a Comment